Thank you for being part of our Lapz community.
The protection of your personal data is a serious concern for us. Therefore, we would like to inform you in this way, what types of personal data we process from you and for what purposes. This takes place exclusively in the context of the provision of our services.
Straßl ins Holz 21
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- How to contact us
What data do we collect?
Generally, we do not collect any personally identifiable information from you. The best way to keep information private is to never ask for it at all. The app and website are designed in a way that there is no identifiable information to protect in the first place. We are not collecting data through 3rd party services from you (e.g. Firebase, etc.) and none of your personal data is shared with 3rd parties.
As visitor on the website
- You do not need to register or have any user account
- We do not ask for your name, e-mail address or phone number
- We are not using any cookies to store information in your browser
As user of the app
- Your timers and workouts are only saved locally on the device
- The App does not require an internet connection
- The App is not able to access your photo library, GPS, mail and will not ask you for permission to do so
- Only when you share a workout through the share option the name, duration, and the single intervals with name, type and duration are uploaded to our server
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Lapz with most of the data we collect.
We collect and process personal data when you use the workout sharing or import feature of the iOS application.
Or when you voluntarily provide feedback to us via our contact form or directly per e-mail.
How will we use your data?
We collect your personal data so that we can correspond to you via e-mail regarding your feedback or inquiry.
If you are using the sharing feature of the Lapz iOS application the uploaded workout is made available for download to everyone in the Lapz Community who is provided the generated download link.
Applicable legal basis
- Contract performance and pre-contractual requests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b. DSGVO) – The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party or for the performance of pre-contractual measures which are carried out at the request of the data subject.
- Legitimate interests (Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f. DSGVO) – Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of the controller or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require the protection of personal data.
National data protection regulations in Germany:In addition to the data protection regulations of the General Data Protection Regulation, national regulations on data protection apply in Germany. These include, in particular, the Act on Protection against Misuse of Personal Data in Data Processing (Federal Data Protection Act – BDSG). In particular, the BDSG contains special regulations on the right to information, the right to erasure, the right to object, the processing of special categories of personal data, processing for other purposes and transmission, as well as automated decision-making in individual cases, including profiling. Furthermore, it regulates data processing for employment purposes (Section 26 BDSG), in particular with regard to the establishment, implementation or termination of employment relationships as well as the consent of employees. Furthermore, state data protection laws of the individual federal states may apply.
How do we store your data?
All of the data we collect is kept fully secured and hosted on our servers in Germany.
When you write to us with an inquiry or question via e-mail, we will keep the correspondence until the issue is completely resolved and not longer than 90 days.
We will keep your workouts on our server for a maximum of 90 days. Once this time period has expired we will delete your data automatically.
What are your data protection rights?
As a user of Lapz you are entitled to various rights under the GDPR, which arise in particular from Art. 15 to 21 GDPR:
- Right to object: You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you which is carried out on the basis of Article 6(1)(e) or (f) DSGVO; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions. If the personal data concerning you is processed for the purposes of direct marketing, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purposes of such marketing; this also applies to profiling, insofar as it is related to such direct marketing.
- Right to withdrawal for consents: You have the right to revoke any consent given at any time.
- Right to access: You have the right to request confirmation as to whether data in question is being processed and to information about this data, as well as further information and a copy of the data in accordance with the legal requirements.
- Right to rectification: You have the right, in accordance with the law, to request the completion of data concerning you or the correction of incorrect data concerning you.
- Right to erasure and restriction of processing: In accordance with the statutory provisions, you have the right to demand that data relating to you be deleted immediately, or alternatively, in accordance with the statutory provisions, to demand restriction of the processing of the data processing.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, common and machine-readable format in accordance with the legal requirements, or to request its transfer to another responsible party.
- Complaint to supervisory authority: Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or the place of the alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of personal data concerning you infringes the requirements of the GDPR.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
- Personal data: „Personal data“ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter „data subject“); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier (e.g. cookie) or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- Responsible „Responsible“ means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
- Processing: „Processing“ means any operation or set of operations which is performed upon personal data, whether or not by automatic means. The term is broad and includes virtually any handling of data, be it collection, analysis, storage, transmission or deletion.